Developer/owner needed a designer's touch, a new logo, and brand ID for his incredible product idea. Basic premise of product is to provide quant data via chip that is implanted in horse gear to help horses and their owners. Data is then to be read on native app and web which helps horse owners track horse movements, whereabouts, health, progress, etc.
UI and Brand Designer, working with CTO
Startup had limited budget/funding, and I was unsure of target market data
✓I worked with the CTO one-on-one using his knowledge of his market needs and technological skills along my design/UX skills and horse riding know-how to create a pleasing brand ID and logo.
✓ Created materials for potential investors and helped CTO spread the Equla name
✓ Worked on a project that I'm very passionate about
• This was an exciting chance to guide this B2B and B2C health & wellness product from one based on engineering and doctoral studies alone to one incorporating product, business, and participant needs. My opportunity was to create a UCD-focused process and product with an improved UX, aiming towards greater engagement, increased health and wellness for participants, with a focus on behavior change and positive outcomes in the program. This in turn created the environment for happier and healthier participants, happier stakeholders and partners, and more funding for the organization. The old experience didn't allow participants to get the most out of their program and didn't reflect the impactful and potential features/ interactions of this doctor-sponsored program.
• There were inconsistencies and inefficiencies in the way the product was designed, how it looked and behaved, how the company approached their process internally so there was an opportunity for an overhaul in product creation.
• UX / Product Design Lead
• UI / Visual Designer
• Interaction Designer
• Information Architect
• Test Facilitator
• Product Management for UX Projects
• Design QA
• Supervisor of Junior Contractor
• Extremely low on UX resources and support given the breadth of feature and product needs and company expectations. Budgetary and time constraints limited our amount of time and effort.
• Working with an overseas development agency created time inefficiencies, language barriers, and quality investment issues.
• Lacked Dev resources
• Could not get access to direct users because of confidentiality agreements and HIPAA compliance
• Feature expectations changed often during releases and product pivoted to native app mid-way through feature UX build.
• Our market and user data was limited because of missing tracking and Product resources.
✓ Created all new and refreshed user experience for web (desktop and mobile) and native app (iOS and Android) based on data, research, and psychological principles. This included all wireframing, prototyping, usability testing, UX/market research, product planning and documentation, QA, visual design, data read, and testing strategy.
✓ Created refreshed and consistent UI kit and full visual design system, resulting in greater brand consistency, easier code implementation, consistent visual design experience for participants.
✓ Initiated, authored, facilitated, designed, and summarized into plans all user tests. User tests were highly successful, from response by participants to task completion success and refinement focus.
✓ Provided Design Day ideation/workshops with the company to help involve internal employees with our vision
✓ Evangelized the importance of UX and product quality through quality assurance processes and standards and through guides, info sessions, online documentation, kick-offs, product organization, and integration of UCD throughout process.
✓ Recruited multiple developer and designer contractors from personal UX network, and assisted in hiring new UX support.
✓ Learned more about behavior change, psychological principles, and outcomes in general and in relation to health and wellness through research, workshops, surveys, data read, and more.
If I've piqued your interest or you have questions, please reach out. Unless you're a spam-bot, in which case, please do not.Let's Chat